LISTED AUGUST 17 2021 • PART-TIME & CASUAL POSITIONS AVAILABLE.
UPDATED AUGUST 28 2021.
We're looking for some cool people
to join our making team!
Makers are responsible for manufacturing and packaging all of our products.
As we are in the Food Processing & Manufacturing industry, this role is considered an Authorised Worker position and must be performed in-person at our location – this role cannot be fulfilled remotely.
Dreamt up in 2013 as a mere attempt to get into university, Fluffe has since grown to cult status working with some of the world's best brands, bringing joy to thousands at an exponential scale.
With our two driving forces–a passion for really good design and desire to make others smile, our fundamental goal is to spark delight.
We believe that our most important assets are our people – so we work very hard to ensure all of our staff members feel safe, comfortable and heard; it truly is of the utmost importance to us! If you're looking for rigid corporate structures, with a competitive environment and a nice big ladder to climb, unfortunately you won't find that here (read: we're afraid of heights).
We’d love you to be a passionate people person, with a great work ethic, intuitive and set with a positive can-do attitude. You’ll be comfortable working alongside others and a great team player.
You get a kick from delivering the best work possible.
Your skills & experience
- Fine Motor Skills
- Workforce Experience (ideal, but not necessary)
- Excellent organisational skills
- A willingness to taste-test new products
- Positive attitude
- Growth mindset
- Responds well to criticism
- Good sense of humour
About the position
- You’ll work within our skilled team of Makers to manufacture and package all of our fairy floss.
- If you're interested in a PART-TIME position: shifts start in the morning 8–10am Monday–Friday, 10hrs per week to start.
- If you're interested in a CASUAL position: shifts typically occur between 9am–5pm Monday–Friday, and run for a minimum of 3hrs each.
The hardest parts about this role
- This is a fast paced work environment with strict KPIs to meet. We have allocated time for you to learn our techniques and processes and expect you to be fully proficient within one month of starting.
- Working with so much sugar will entail getting a bit sticky from time to time.
The best parts about this role
- You’ll join a small, friendly team of 4 Makers.
- Young leadership team – we listen your input, care about transparency, actively embrace change and new ideas, and think we make work pretty fun.
- Once you’re up to speed and learn our techniques, the whole process becomes second nature (much like driving a car, you don't have to actively think about how you’re doing it) which the team have described as being “quite relaxing and almost meditative”.
- You’ll be able to listen to your own music and podcasts.
- Room to progress into new roles as you grow with the company.
What's in it for you?
- 40% Staff discount
- A team that will truly value you and the work you do – we’re all working to progress Fluffe, building it to be the best it can be and you’ll be able to see your impact.
How we work
- We are a tight-knit, small team handling everything – manufacturing, design, marketing, fulfilment and product development.
- We deeply rely on our Makers to create all of our delicious products – for our customers and amazing clients.
- We’re passionate about what we do daily and pride ourselves on fantastic quality, design and customer experience.
- We love to hire from within – so if you're studying something at Uni or are interested in trying your hand at new work, we're definitely open to discussing your future with Fluffe, as you grow with us.
Where we work
7/40 Anzac Street, Chullora 2190 NSW Australia
Travel: We recommend driving to work if you can (for the sake of ease and your own safety) but do not provide parking – there is ample, unmetered street parking however our warehouse has limited public transport access.
Simply send through your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you’d be so well suited for this role and we'll be in touch.